❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Fasting Fail

By the time Chris got home from work last night I fell asleep. Not surprised.

He crawled in bed with me and we watched two episodes of Burn Notice. And by that I mean he watched two, and I watched most of one and fell asleep, and woke up towards the end of episode two.

All I ate yesterday was freaking animal cookies. I was going to snack on something with him when he got home, but I decided since I was on a roll I'd just get my fasting labs done in the morning.

Yeah, that didn't work out so well. Woke up with Chris this morning and saw him off to work. Went up to my grandparents to steal a ride to the satellite lab, and by the time we get there they closed. We were thirteen minutes late. Fail. Why the hell do labs close so early on a Saturday anyways? You'd think it would be a prime time for people that work M-F to get their shit done, especially since most labs are closed on Sunday too. Irritating.

Fasted for nothing. Well, I mean I'm sure it had some obscure benefit, but none I'm all too excited about. So I'm sulking and consoling myself with a coffee and a Christmas cookie.

I need to figure out when to do this again. I have a rheumatology appointment a few days after Christmas I have to get labs done for, and my PCP wants the fasting labs. I'd rather get them all done at one time. Bah.

It's a bit chilly in our apartment today, but I'm resisting putting the heat on. Something about a direct heat source makes me ridiculously sleepy. I can't resist it. If I'm in the TV room with the fireplace running I'm going to fall asleep. Guaranteed. Damn brain damage.

It's cold though, I may have to compromise for a nap.

We got two more Christmasy cards. One from my friend Anne, with a lottery ticket. Chris was excited for that. He loves scratchers. It wasn't a winner, but since it was a Christmas one I could enter it for the second chance drawings.

Those are cool. Not nearly enough people bother with them so odds are actually pretty decent of winning something. This guy used to come into my old Sinking Spring store all the time and buy some serious lottery, and he'd always win tons of crap from the second chance drawings.

Another card came from my Mom's husband's sister. She wrote us a letter and sent me a pack of Christmas stickers. Yay stickers!

We hang the cards up on our doorway(s) in the apartment to decorate, and then I put them in my keepsake box after the holiday is over.

Tux is super hyper today. He's running laps around the apartment with various meows and depositing all types of nonesense into shoes and slippers. My grandmother was actually playing with him for awhile when she visited and laughing up a storm, which was funny because she claims to not like cats.

Daisy is lazy today, but she just won't get comfortable. She wants to sleep on the couch while I blog and what not, but has changed spots and positions at least ten times so far. She can be very indecisive about her resting spot sometimes.

We did Secret Santa amongst some of my friends again this year, and the gift I sent is arriving today. I'm so excited for it to get delivered! I'm dying for her to see what I got her. It seems a lot of my Christmas cards haven't hit the west coast yet either.

Did you know that unclaimed property goes to your state's treasury department such as paychecks? I like to check my state's treasury website occasionally to see if myself or anyone I know has unclaimed property. Sometimes this is a result of change of address, etc. Someone tried to give you money and couldn't get it to you for whatever reason, so it got sent to the treasury department. Chris had two unclaimed paychecks that he didn't know about that we're filing the paperwork for. I found unclaimed property for two of his siblings as well. This seems to be something not too many people are aware of. The state of PA alone has over two billion dollars in unclaimed property. That's a ton of money that could be put back into the economy. It's really not hard to claim either.

I have most of my chores around the house done already for the day, and a nap is really starting to sound good. While I really should work on my 'to do' list, I'm just not feeling much into it. I think the whole tapering of steroids is kicking my ass more than I'd like to admit.

Time to see where the day takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment