❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Between a Rock and a Hard Place...

Bah. I am so worn out, and as a result I've been so lazy. The little bit of stuff I am getting done around the house is taking some tremendous inner-dialogue pep-talks. My Tysabri infusion didn't make my stomach as bad as it had been this time. Thankfully so, the increase in steroids has me starving. I'm constantly hungry. It did make me itchy as all hell though. So.itchy. That's annoying.

I've been getting some serious nerve pain in my right hip/leg/foot the past few days. This is the same hip that I broke in a car accident a few years ago and had major surgery on. I'm not sure if the nerve pain is a result of the slow nerve regrowth reaching a certain point after all these years, or if it's my MS. I hate things like this that could be from multiple things. Especially when there's really no way of telling which. If it is from my MS I likely have a flare starting, which is bad news. Last time I had nerve pain in my leg like this that turned into a flare I fell down a set of stairs randomly when my leg went numb.


It's painful enough that it's uncomfortable to lay on it at night, and wakes me up. Hell, it burns just having the couch against it while I'm sitting here blogging. Not really sure what I want to do about it. I've been having other symptoms of a MS flare as well, but I guess I don't want to face the reality that that's probably what's going on. I should probably call my neurologist tomorrow. (He's not in today)

My grandmother's been doing our dishes for me the past few days since my cortisone shot in my hand which has been really helpful. My hand's actually starting to feel a bit better, at first it felt worse. So at least I got that for a plus.

I'm really worried about upcoming health insurance changes. Chris' insurance through work doesn't have either of my DMD's on the drug formulary. I have no idea what to expect with that, if it's possible to fight to get it covered, etc. I've had the same insurance since my diagnosis so I haven't had to deal with this. It could be a really huge problem for me. The policy comes with a hefty deductible and out-of-pocket max as well, and the prescription coverage isn't all that great. I'm going to be paying out a lot.

I could stay on the Blue Cross policy through the Marketplace, but since there is another policy available to me we would lose our tax credit making it almost $500 a month on top of the price Chris would have to pay for his own insurance. We wouldn't be able to afford to live. Our landlord just increased our rent by $600/year on top of it.

Although with the cost of deductibles, co-pays, and prescriptions with this policy I don't know how we're going to afford my healthcare.

We've been looking forward to the moment I could get on insurance through his employer and be able to start banking some money so much. I've tried to be optimistic about it; for the average person this policy would be great, but I'm not the average person. I don't know what we're going to do.

It's really frustrating.



No comments:

Post a Comment