❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Monkey Business

Chicken noodle soup last night got really good.

Got up this morning and did a few things around the house. I felt like crap. Being sick is kicking my butt. Shortly after I got up I headed off to my Tysabri infusion with Chris. I took some of my homemade candy with for the staff.

There's a new girl during my infusion time slot. She's pretty cool. Has a lot of stories. She works two jobs still, one full time and one part time. Her MS isn't very advanced yet. She's been doing Avonex, but started to have some cognitive decline and switched to Tysabri to nip it in the butt. Plus Avonex came with weekly flu symptoms. She has eight dogs, they're small, but still! She also has two mini-pigs. I don't know how mini a sixty pound pig is, but they're cute. She used to do exotic wildlife rehabilitation and had mini-deer, various types of monkeys, etc. She's full of stories, so it'll be pretty fun to have infusions with her. She's actually one person that I could see myself getting along with. Most of the others I don't have much in common with besides MS.

I really started to feel like crap towards the end of my infusion and fell asleep. That never happens. I'm weird about sleeping around people I don't trust.

Came home and got comfy on the couch. Covered up with my weenie blanket from my Mom, and Chris gave me his Cowboys blanket. It's rare that I'm actually cold. I still have both about seven hours later. Chris settled in next to me and played some games on the Wii. I fell asleep and got woken up about four hours later. I was pretty confused by the conversation because I just couldn't wake up well enough to think, and couldn't really figure out what was going on until we were almost at our destination. Apparently we got a nail in our tire and it was going flat. My Pop checked it and it only had 15lbs of air, he filled it to forty until we could get to Kantner's. Got that fixed which blew $15. Stupid nail. I spent the whole time whining that I was cold and sleepy.

Got home and Chris heated me up some leftover chicken noodle soup. Pretty sure most soups and pastas are even better the next day. The flavor soaks in more in my opinion. Love is when someone that's sick still takes care of you when you're sick too.

We've hung out watching Burn Notice the rest of the night while I fell asleep off and on and he played Mario games on the Wii.

So far my stomach's not terrible, and I've been able to eat. So that's a plus. We'll see by tomorrow if I'm out of the woods with that or not. Maybe I finally kicked the antibodies to the Tysabri by now. That'd be nice.

Chris and I made a Sheetz run. I don't know what we're eating for dinner. I'm craving Wendy's for some reason, but he works there all week and isn't interested in it. I'm not feeling up to cooking really, but we're also low on funds. Bah. Might just eat leftover soup again.

It's hard not only sharing a vehicle with someone, but not really driving at all anymore. I rarely drive unless it's emergent and then I avoid highways as much as possible. I'm not really cognitively fast enough anymore, and my vision has its' moments between blurriness and diploplia.

It leaves me depending on people not only for basic things like appointments, shopping, etc; but also for entertainment and what not. There's lots of times I'd like to do something, but if no one else is interested I'm pretty much screwed. Chris doesn't really enjoy shopping so I don't really get to browse often. And nights like tonight if I have a craving and he doesn't feel like going out I'm pretty much shit out of luck.

I mean I am a grown ass woman, with no actual restrictions on my drivers license. But I am also responsible enough to know my own limitations, and my vision is even worse in the dark. Bright lights such as headlights really screw with me. Chris knows these things too, so it would easily turn into an unnecessarily putting myself into harms way argument, and he would most likely take me under protest then and be a grouch the entire time. Meh.

Hopefully by tomorrow we're both feeling a bit better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment