❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

Chris and I stayed up until almost 5am this morning. We got up around lunch time and ran up to Hamburg to take care of some errands. Our first stop was the pet store whereupon entering I was greeted immediately by swarms of squirmy puppies up for adoption. I wanted to herd them all into our car. I resisted though.

My Uncle Keith stopped by with a birthday card for Chris. It was really cute and funny. Drop a guess in the comments as to what the inside says!

Chris changed the oil in the car with my Pop when we got home, and I struggled to stay awake. I've been ridiculously tired all day. I'm fighting sleep just trying to write this blog. I'm trying not to give in and nap in hopes that I'll be able to sleep decently tonight. We'll see.

Chris' Mom stopped in for a visit after she got off work and we gave her her Mother's Day present and card. We haven't seen her in ages. It was nice getting caught up. We got her a really cute gift basket from Russel Stover and a bag of their mini coconut candies because Chris said she really enjoys coconut. We were torn on what to get this year, but candy fit our budget pretty well. Then it was even harder choosing what kind of candy, but the gift baskets at Russel Stover were adorable, and then after all the candy is nommed she still has the basket!

After his Mom went home we went to my grandparent's for dinner with them and my Mom. They made smoked ham, mashed potatoes, and sweet corn. It was good. We were both starving by that point. We gave my Gran and Mom their Mother's Day gifts.

We got my Mom a gift basket from Russel Stover as well, and a name tag for her dog Scotty. I noticed the other day he hadn't had one yet. She was excited for the basket because like me she's working on some organizing projects. So I was glad for that. We got my grandmother a gift basket and a bag of salt water taffy. They have it really decently priced there. I'm personally not a huge fan of it. She tore into the taffy immediately.

My Aunt won the contest below for an ice cream cake and stopped by after dinner with it to surprise my grandmother. I do love some ice cream cake.



Chris isn't a huge fan of it though (which is ridiculous), and slipped out to the store to pick up some shoofly pie for himself and milk since we were out. Now he's playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate while I blog and try not to fall asleep.

Something that's making me crazy right now is this trend:




It's gross, and I really wish it would stop. I really don't like foods being the colors they're not supposed to be. Everytime I see this rainbow nasty bullshit in my feed I gag and die a tiny bit inside. Where's all the hipsters at that are trying to keep extra nonsense out of their food, but now we're going to add nonsense so it can be ridiculous rainbow colors? Bah.

In other news, Chris' birthday is coming up quick! I'm excited for Tuesday. It's going to be a busy and fun day. I'm just hoping my body behaves well. My right leg has been giving me some trouble and I've almost fallen a few times this week. I'm not sure if it's the heat or what. I have lots of fun things planned for us and really don't want it getting in the way.

We were going to go fishing yet today, but it turned into a lazy night. That's okay though. Lazy nights are neccesary. Especially for Chris; he's been working a ton. We have some errands left to do, but none of them are urgent.

I shall leave you with this really awkward picture of our cat.

He's strange.



No comments:

Post a Comment