❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Monday, January 7, 2013

What the Fudge?

There's been some serious trending in the fast food industry as of late. You would think the places would want to stand out and be unique, but instead it seems when one place starts serving something everyone else must come out with their own version of it. I don't quite get the marketing aspect of that one.

My grandparents for some reason love to eat out as of lately. They pretty much eat out almost every night. They'll flat out deny it if you accuse them of doing so, but they do. And considering for whatever reason the state has only offered me $16 a month in food stamps, unless I want to go on a hardcore Ramen diet, I'm eating with them.

So that brings me to my realization of the night. What the fudge? Almost everywhere locally right now is serving some form of chocolate fudge lava cake. This started ages ago with Domino's  and personally I feel it should have ended there, because they by far got it right.

So far off the top of my head Arbys' and Burger King have jumped onto the fudge wagon. Arbys' fudge thingy far surpasses Burger King. I love me some chocolate, but they need to scrap that recipe and try again. It doesn't remind me of "lava-ish" in the middle, it reminds me of undone. 


That chocolate saucey stuff oozing out there simply is full of lies. It's just wet undone cakeiness inside. Burger King should have stuck with what they did awesome, which was a bacon sundae. Bacon goes good with anything.


Arbys on the other hand, well done. It's pretty damn good. A bit to rich/large for my fancy though, and I'm fat. So I doubt the average person can finish this bad boy off. I still say stick with Domino's due to this unless you want to share.


I haven't been to a Sonic in ages, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were in on this too. My grandparents have a very limited spectrum of fast-food establishments they're willing to traffic.

So share your experiences with me, is anyone else on this fudge kick? And what are your thoughts? Does it really make sense for all these different venues to try to offer a variation of the exact same thing?

Also, before you leave, please consider clicking the ad at the bottom of the page. It's the only one on the whole blog. I don't want your experience clogged by ads, but it also will help me pay the bills, and buy my cute critters some treats.

2 comments:

  1. And again.. another point as to how our system is broken. You are legitimately disabled and you get 16.00 in food stamps while I watch able bodied people using their food stamps at work for specialty coffee drinks for them and their friends with balances of hundreds of dollars on them.
    Our system needs to identify who honestly needs the help and who does not so those needing the help can have more help. You would be hopping to work if you could ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even use government assistance anymore. For some reason there's laws out there that if you want to receive help from drug companies/discounted drugs you cannot be on government assistance. Neither can Chris because of us getting married. Even with my great insurance my infusions like Tysabri are still ridiculously expensive, without the drug company's assistance I'd never be able to afford it. So no assistance with other things for us.

      Delete