❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Meat Pies

There's a tiny grocery store opened up by a farm in Shoemakersville. Right now it's so small and tiny it hasn't even made it's way into Google search results. So much so that Google literally has no results. Something I'm pretty sure I've never seen in my life.

Besides that oddity, this place by far has the best chocolate milk ever. Albeit a bit expensive.

Beyond the chocolate milk it's packed with lots of farm fresh and homemade baked and canned goods. They're always getting something new.

I don't mind the price because well, it's fresh! Fresh generally means healthier and better tasting. In every case I've tried so far there this has been true.

This place has this ridiculous giant plastic cow outside though. This thing annoys me. I don't know why they just don't get a real cow if they want to attract people. At least you can do something with a real cow.

This thing has annoyed me to the point that annoying me with it has become a running good time. Hence this now framed picture I possess.


This cow recently disappeared from the corner which raised much suspicion. I went in the other day with my grandmother. Turned out they moved the cow inside. My grandmother wasn't paying attention, turned around and noticed the cow, and screamed bloody murder. It was hilarious considering there was more people in the store then I've ever seen.

I got a meat pie there the other day. It's beef. I've never been a huge fan of meat pies, but they have a ton of varieties, even sausage. I found it intriguing.

I haven't used my oven since I've been home from the nursing home. Hell, I barely got a chance to use my oven at all since I bought it. $16 in food stamps doesn't go very far.

Damn accident.

With the whole pain thing I've been having a hell of a time sleeping lately. Last night I finally fell asleep around 6am. I didn't crawl out of bed until a little before 1pm. My grandparents are involved in some ridiculous ancient TV show to the point I was hung up on mid-sentence. So I figured what better day to make my meat pie and watch some movies and be lazy.

Well, when you don't use some things for awhile your fluidity suffers. Such as, I forgot that even though when remodeling my kitchen I fixed the magnet on my one cabinet door; I never did get the chance to remove the baby lock thing I had been using. I went to whip open the cabinet and it almost took my arm off from the elbow down with it. Minor issue.

I get my pie on the tray and ready to put in and realize I forgot to preheat. Damn it. This oven is also very new, and I've used it very few times. I also forgot how to use it. There's a lot of buttons. I figured it out in minimal time though.

So then, the waiting. It's pretty cold in my house so it seemed to take exceptionally long to preheat.

I suck exceptionally badly at standing. Especially when I just wake up. I don't balance properly between hips and wind up making one of them hurt, or a foot fall asleep.

I dabbled around and made coffee and things to try to keep moving to avoid pain, and finally it beeped. By this time Daisy is beside herself.

I forgot that since I've never used my oven since my accident; that means she has never seen an oven in use.

I put in my pie, set the timer and went begrudgingly up the steps to get ready to watch movies all day.

Meanwhile Daisy is running back and forth between me and the oven beside herself.

It lights up! It makes noises! It gets hot! OMG it's a sleeper beast!

Seriously, she was that upset.

She has hence calmed down and is somewhere under my blankets asleep.

Pictures later of the meat pie, and some movie reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment