❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Monday, January 7, 2013

Barometer

Some days I feel like a human barometer. With the metal in my hip I feel as if I can predict the weather solely based off the severity of my aches.

Today is one of those days, except there is no bad weather in the forecast. So either my hip knows something the weather forecasters do not, or I am simply just having an awful painful day. Most likely the latter.

I've surrendered and taken some extra narcotics and hopped back into bed for awhile. It seems the universe is out for me today though. Every.single.time. I get comfortable somewhere I have to get back up. The phone rings, I need meds, Daisy runs off with my shoe. I'm about to give up on trying to get comfortable and attempt to zone out the pain.

Also, it turns out I messed up my appointment date. My appointment with my surgeon is on the 10th as well. Thursday is going to be a busy day for me. Plus, that means I made my physical therapy back to back for nothing. I'm on a roll.

Days like this happen though, and they make us appreciate the days that are considerably better.

I was planning on going up to my grandparents for supper, but apparently they're abandoning me to go out to eat. It may be a blessing in disguise since I can avoid the steps, but after awhile in this situation you really lack/yearn for human connection. Socializing is difficult with so many limitations/needs and many "friends" tend to run for the hills when the going gets tough.

I'd be lost without the few people I hold close to me, and my amazing pets. They all make this a tiny bit more bearable.


No comments:

Post a Comment