❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Productivity

Healing from a broken hip is painfully slow. In more ways than one. Not a whole lot happens fast.

This week has had some big moves in it though. Starting with my use of a regular toilet.

Then the removal of my outdoor ramp.

And finally today the removal of my indoor ramp.

Daisy felt the need to supervise.


My Pop broke his drill.


And this, just because I think it's hilarious. You can make up your own version of what was going on.


But finally, one of my biggest crutches was gone.

I also just realized my clock isn't centered. Damn it.


It fucking sucks.


And you're probably all oh my gawrd that's so great how could it suck?!

Well, I'll tell you how. It fucking sucks, because I fucking suck at going the stairs.

But, I'm not going to get any stronger being a whiney cunt about it, so it had to go.

My biggest concern is that I'm going to fall down them and break my neck or re-break my hip. My grandmother was chastising me about it. She was all "Oohh how can you fall down steps, you know they're there?! You'll be fine."

Guess what? She fucking fell down them tonight and she can actually go up and down them like a normal person. She forgot the ramp wasn't there. Hmph.

She did not break her neck, no worries. Or a hip for that matter.

But hey,


I've been back in the drivers' seat for some time now. Still pretty nerve wracking, but I'll get through it.


I've also realized now that I have short hair I look good in hats, and black and white.


I blew a raspberry on Daisy's tummy the other night. This face was the result:


I've now been going to the laundry weekly. All the bending and folding and shit is crazy exercise for my hip.


I keep losing socks. I know Daisy can't be eating that many.


My physical therapist started using a TENS unit on me.


I was a little nervous about it, but my lower back feels amazing. I can't wait until Friday to try it on my hip.

So, yeah. Lots of crazy things going on.

If you don't hear from me in a few days I probably fell down the steps and died.

2 comments:

  1. I have a tens unit. I mostly use it over winter when everything hurts so bad I need it to stop even for a few minutes while the think is zapping me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked so well for awhile that they gave me my own, but I was using it so frequently that I got electrical burns from it, and now I haven't used it at all in ages.

      Delete