❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rulers of the Universe

Having a broken hip makes many things difficult, okay everything. You have to assess every situation and place you go to. Over the past few months I've learned one major thing whilst doing this. These guys run the universe:


Seriously, it's no joke. I don't use my wheel chair often anymore, but I'm not a champ at steps yet. I have to go up and down them one single step at a time. Not only is this time consuming, but exhausting. If I have to go up and down these bad boys more than once in a short period of time, forget about it. I'm staying in the car/home.

But even more so of a ruler is the toilet. When you have a broken hip, if you sit anywhere to low, you're plain and simply not getting back up without the aid of multiple large men. I have to use a commode over top of my toilet so that I can actually get up again. Subsequently, this means I can use no other toilet. You really underestimate how low to the ground toilets really are until you're in this predicament. Due to this, if you want to have a social life you have to have a bladder of steel, and not eat. It's a daunting pesky task. And forget travelling to far away from your special toilet just in case you drank a little to much. Nothing beats spending a ton of money somewhere like the movies and having to leave a half hour in because you have to pee.

A common misconception is the handicapped stall. This stall is a joke. The only thing handicapped about it is the entire concept. Sure it's big. Big freaking deal. The toilet's still only a few inches off the ground. Most disabled people would probably agree with me that it's a waste of space.

I had to get a bone scan done at the hospital about two months back, which required drinking a ton of liquid and getting injected with radioactive junk that you're supposed to pee out before you can leave. Do you think the hospital had one toilet I could sit on? You would think right? Of course not. Not even a commode. When I requested a bed pan I might as well have requested a million dollars from the looks on their faces because the area of the hospital was just not equipped for it. Needless to say, I just held it until we got back to the nursing home. Five + hours of not peeing. Not my fondest memory.

It really makes me feel for people who have IBS and other similar issues. Toiletry needs suck.

2 comments: