❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Why Interrupted?

Welcome to my blog! First post, there's some pressure. Seriously, where do you start? And if it sucks, no one will come back. I guess we'll start with me. My name's Trisha, but my friends call me Boots. And no, they don't call me that because I'm some wicked dominatrix that wears giant boots. Sorry boys (and maybe girls?). It's simply a piece of my last name, hate to disappoint. It's pretty dull, but it's cute nonetheless. 

While on the topic of cute; I share my home with an adorable Foxshund (fox terrier/dachsund mix) named Daisy, and three ferrets Ginger, Sugar, and Dill along with a 55 gallon tank of fish. They keep things pretty exciting around here. Well, the fish not so much. They're more an escape from the crazy.



I live in an ancient apartment that used to be an old canal house in the 1700's. It's in a book of haunted places. Weird things happen, I just pretend they don't, and no you can't bring your awesome paranormal club here. I'd rather not make anything angry, I live here yanno? I've been working on remodeling my apartment for about a year now. In the process I've learned I'm pretty handy. I've also learned not to bump metal against a live wire.



My career? I'm a jack of many trades. Started out working fast food at Wendys with my best friend, Kelly. Then I jumped to making some history and being a phone verifier for PJFI.org. I made some amazing friends, traveled, was on Dateline NBC, and most importantly put a ton of scumbag pedophiles in jail. That's some good stories for later. Then I became an assistant manager for Sheetz, while doing some consulting for a local police station. I also volunteered as much time as I could at a no-kill animal shelter, as well as running a custom car club with my cousin. My book smart level stopped at high school, but I'm currently working on that.



I suppose I should get to the burning question on everyone's' mind. "Boots, why are you interrupted?" My life, like so many others got turned upside down in a matter of seconds. On August 4th, 2012 someone sped through a red light and hit my car. I sustained severe injuries, and it's changed my life forever.


I never experienced so much pain in my life. The paramedics weren't to concerned. Besides some massive glass cuts, visibly there wasn't to much wrong. Everyone just kept saying I had some pulled muscles. Turned out my femur had crushed my hip and my pelvis. I had some other injuries, but minor in comparison. I couldn't walk for months, and every day has been a new challenge. My old career is over, and I spend every day trying to adjust to the "new" me.



So what can you expect to read here? Your guess is as good as mine. I plan on updating this daily. It may be as dull as me bitching about physical therapy, or traffic. It may involve cute videos or pictures of my pets. I got Daisy as a therapy dog for my PTSD from the accident. Perhaps we'll talk about the news, my healing, my past. Maybe my plans for the future. Whatever I talk about I assure you I'll keep it interesting. Feel free to leave requests, and keep the comments and constructive criticism coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment