❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

It's Alive!

Today was a quiet day. We slept in until eleven-ish. We were up late last night discussing whether or not the toaster from The Brave Little Toaster was alive, or a robot. Chris is convinced they were all robots. The argument carried over onto Facebook. The majority of people agree with me, yet Chris still refuses to be swayed. He insists that since it's a inanimate object it must be a robot with artificial intelligence. By that theory though that would mean all the toys in Toy Story were robots too. He's silly. I'm so glad that this is the type of arguments we have in our marriage. If you want to check out the fun on Facebook feel free to here:


So Chris and I lay here talking about the lamest shit at night. Settle our argument Facebook! Are the appliances from the Brave Little Toaster robots or alive with consciousnesses??


Found out the hard way after much tinkering that Windows Movie Maker is not compatible with Windows 10. Annoying. So, I've been trying to find a free app to properly edit and compress the videos from the wedding to upload for all of you to watch. Don't expect anything fancy; just finding something to compress these bad boys is making me insane.

Tania had our wedding pictures waiting in my email to surprise me. They're gorgeous! I'll be posting them to the blog tomorrow most likely. They're still uploading to Google Photos. There's almost 400! They're all so beautiful. Tania truly used her talent to give us beautiful pictures to remember our special day by, and pass on to future generations. There's so many pretty pictures it's hard to choose which to put where! 

Chris and I played some Mario on the WiiU for a bit. I stole the controller and played a few levels; I even found a secret world! So, I won the awesome gamer wife of the day award. We downloaded two of the vintage Mario games todays. They're so much fun! There's some talk from doctors and researchers that video games are good for people with MS and neurological/cognitive deficit. It helps improve hand/eye coordination, decision making, spatial awareness, etc, etc. I'd chalk it up to nonsense, but I suck at video games compared to what I used to. My reaction time is so bad. I was getting really irritated, and lost a great deal of lives before I could get through a few levels. Chris says it's all the more reason for me to play then! I can't really complain about a husband that wants me to play video games. We need to get another controller so we can play two-player together rather than one always having to watch the other. They have Yoshi and Mario themed Wiimotes that I'd like to get.

We ran out and picked up Chris' check, deposited it, and did a few errands. I had to give the pharmacy my updated insurance information and pick up a few scripts. We had some bills to pay, etc. We saved most of the shopping for another day so that Chris could spend his day off relaxing. We grabbed the 4/$4 at Wendy's for lunch, and then headed home. I spent most of the day playing video games with Chris, tinkering with the wedding photos, watching TV, and blogging. Rough, I know!

We ran out a bit later with the intentions of going to Wally World and getting something for supper. It was absolutely frigid outside though and we decided to save shopping for later. We went to a chinese buffet for supper, and had the entire place to ourselves! So many of the dishes on the table though had shrimp in them. I absolutely love shrimp, it's my favorite food. Last year though I randomly developed a severe food allergy to it. I've never had a food allergy before, and of course I would develop one to my favorite food. I get giant hives and swelling. Thanks a lot immune system, bah. It was sooo tempting. Chris cracked open his fortune cookie when we got home, and it said that money would soon no longer be a concern (I wish). Daisy ate his cookie. I opened mine right away at the buffet because I'm an excited child when it comes to such things. Mine said 'smart people naturally follow you'. Clearly, they were talking about following my blog. Smart cookie.

Chris has to go to the capital tomorrow to get re-certified with the state for food safety for work. I used to be certified, but mine recently expired, as did his. His new job requires it. While most food safety is common sense, you learn more than you'd ever want to know getting certified. Buffets are a food safety nightmare. Being someone that's immunocompromised and knowing what I do about them, I really shouldn't eat at one. Sometimes though you just want to be a normal person. He has to be there tomorrow at lunchtime for a brief review and then testing. Then he gets to come home to me! He gets paid a full day for what I'm thinking will be about four hours work and two hours travel. Not bad.

I have a bunch of phone calls to catch up on tomorrow and things to do around the house while he's gone. The next few weeks are pretty quiet appointment wise which is nice. I was supposed to go to Jefferson this week, but I need to reschedule. It's on my phone call to do list for tomorrow. I do have some lab work I should get done though at some point.

Hopefully my next blog has a video of our wedding ceremony in it! In the meantime, tell me about you! Did you ever suddenly develop a random food allergy? Did it go away again after time?

No comments:

Post a Comment