❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Friday, January 1, 2016

Acceptance

Chris and I stayed up until about 4am. I kicked his butt at Exploding Kittens. The bottle of Moscato I picked out was really good. Silly us, we didn't have a corkscrew! Luckily my grandparents did. Shows how often we drink. We stayed cuddled up in bed until around lunchtime, and then got up and ran out to the store for a few supplies.

I made pollo guisado today! We decided that would be our New Year tradition. It got pretty good. Chris demolished his plate of food. I didn't really make any resolutions per say this year. New Year's resolutions can be a great way/starting point for major life changes, but at this point I don't have anything drastic I need to work on every day of the year except being happy, and trying to serve the happiness of my life, home, and relationships as best as I can. I mean sure, I could resolve to lose weight or something cliche like that, but I think that's best done in lifestyle changes, and I'm fighting an uphill battle with steroids on that one. So, I guess at the end of all this blabbering, I just resolve to do the best I can at living as long and well as I can.

Made the hard decision to stick with my health insurance policy through the Marketplace this year. The insurance Chris' employer is offering just won't cut it for my needs. For the money we'll save on premiums we'll go broke trying to afford my prescriptions and co-pays. Plus they don't cover two of my DMD's which is pretty much some of the most important medicine I take. It would turn into a ridiculous battle that could take well over six months to resolve, months I wouldn't be getting treatment. Between my health insurance through the marketplace and Chris' insurance through his employer we'll be putting out over $600 a month for health insurance. That's more than our rent. While it's going to make things really really tight, it's the price I have to pay to be able to function when I get out of bed in the morning. Luckily for me, it's a price Chris is willing to pay.

We've been hanging out watching Burn Notice most of the day. I think we almost got through an entire season today. I've been turning the heat off and on all day long. I get too cold, then after having the fireplace on for a bit I start to get warm and sleepy and turn it off again, repeat.

The day went by really quick, and I didn't get much else done but cook. My grandmother's still doing dishes for me. My joint that I got the cortisone injection into is doing a bit better. Swelling has visibly gone down a bit and it doesn't hurt constantly, but it still hurts with movement. I still haven't decided what I want to do about steroids. I really want to get off of them, but at what price? My dose has been upped to 12mgs for the past few days and I'm eating all the things, and gaining all the weight back, bah! I can also function again too though.
The critters are all super cuddly today. Daisy's laying on my feet and Tux is laying on my chest purring as I blog. I need to get Daisy more cookies, her treat jar is getting low again. Those peanut butter cookies we got her for Christmas impressively filled her treat jar, but mostly with their awkward shape and size, not quantity. I couldn't believe it when I went to get her a cookie today and they were almost gone already.

I can't believe how late it is already. The day pretty much flew by. Chris is getting a shower and prepping for work tomorrow. He keeps talking about the razors I got him for Christmas. I'm so glad he likes them. Shaving constantly like that can be hard on your skin and a pain in the arse, so I'm glad it makes it a bit easier. He did have Saturday off but he picked it up to make up some of his sick time. I'm so proud of him for how hard he's been working to provide for us. I have a bunch of things I need to get done, paperwork to be filled out, etc. I also need to get back to working on my projects around the house. They took a bit of a back burner there for a bit with the holidays. I have some Christmas cards to resend and and phone calls to make come Monday as well.

We're leaving the Christmas tree up until the sixth, and I need to pickup the bookcase for the TV room when he gets paid on Monday. That will make a huge organizational difference for us.

My grandparents are making a New Year's dinner tomorrow for Chris, them, my Mom, and I. Ham, mashed potatoes, and what not. Looking forward to that!

How long do you leave your decorations up?

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure chris didn't eat peanut butter treats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anyone but Daisy it was probably Gran. Hahahah.

      Delete