❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Off-Balance

Today's been a busy day. Started it off putting my beef in the crock pot. I used a Hawaiian BBQ sauce, half a can of Pepsi, salt, and pepper. I put it on low for eight hours. I'm hoping it gets good because we've never used this flavor of BBQ before, and when I opened it later to check on it the BBQ smelled questionable. We'll see.


Tux created yet another disastrous mess out of his litter today. On the suggestion of a friend I removed the liner from his litter pan. Hoping that makes a difference. Otherwise I may need to go out and purchase a different style box.

We got our wedding programs back, cut, from my grandmother's brother. They look nice. I'm pretty proud of them. They took me awhile, but saved us some money.



Tux has been following me around trying to murder me because my pants have drawstrings on them. They apparently call out to his murder instinct.


He's stalking me.


And he's creeper stalking Daisy. Note the ears.


My balance has been awful today. While looking into the back of the bottom cabinet I almost tipped over head first into the refrigerator. I almost tipped backwards down the steps that go from our kitchen to sitting room. I almost fell over outside putting the recycling in the barrel, and almost tipped over in the TV room. I've been doing a lot of squeaking (I squeak when I scare myself). I think Chris is pretty much just waiting for the disaster at this point.

I really don't know what this meme is supposed to really be about, but this guy makes me laugh.


I decided to make a batch of one of our favorite snacks, Oven Roasted Chick Peas. Chris calls them women peas, I call them baby chicken peas. Whatever you want to call them, they're delicious. They're really simple to make and really good.

I got Chris to open the cans for me because my hands hurt.
Note my awesome sparkly fox cup. You wish your cup was that cool.

Then you dump the peas out through a strainer and rinse them off. Preheat the oven to 375.

Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the peas out on the pan in a single layer. Pat them dry(er) with paper toweling. (You're not going to actually get them dry, you just want to get some of the excess moisture off otherwise they steam rather than crisp and you wind up keeping them in the oven forever in an attempt of crispness)

Daisy scored about six of these puppies during the rinsing/traying process. What do people do that don't have dogs?



Drizzle the chick (baby chicken) peas with olive oil and sprinkle with your seasoning of choice. Some people like to used Old Bay seasoning. I just use coarse sea salt. I jiggle the pans a bit then to kind of roll the peas around in the oil/salt.


Then all you have to do is pop them in the oven for about thirty minutes depending on your desired crispiness. I think the crispier they are the better they are, but they're really good regardless. They'll start to darken as they near doneness. They will get a bit softer as they cool down.

s

Five cans always makes a decent amount. It spreads out nicely on two cookie sheets and fills my Ziploc container perfectly.


You don't need to refrigerate them. I'm not sure what the shelf life technically is on them, but they never last long here so I've never had to find out. The container's always empty in under a week.

My Aunt Allison and Uncle Keith stopped by with my grandparents and we just so happened to run into them all when we were taking out the recycling. We chatted a bit about life and the wedding. Daisy had to come outside and visit. My Aunt was mortified that I was outside in my cat pajama pants, then yet going out to the store in them. It was funny.

If you haven't read my blog on Pajamas you really should.

I sent Chris inside to check on our chick peas while we were chatting and he found the Bernie Sanders 2016 bumper sticker that we got in the mail and was like a kid at Christmas wanting to put it on the car. Stickers on the paint of cars horrifys me, but we compromised on the window.

lol


We ran out to the store then and I picked up some pre-made pie crust for something else I want to try making. Possibly tonight yet depending on how my spoons go.

Not sure what I want to make with our beef yet. I'm leaning towards baked potatoes and corn. I'm hoping the beef doesn't suck with that flavor of barbecue. 

Toying around with some of the options available for each blog post such as labels. I'm guessing they help with search results, I should probably start filling that out.


I got a lot of chores done around the house, but I still have not finished organizing the bathroom closet. I should work on that a bit tonight yet. Should. I still have yet to write the handfasting ceremony too, but at least I got my pill case filled and took all my meds and injections on time today.

Chris has been playing video games all day, but at least I did successfully bribe him into taking out the trash and recycling for me.

He has it rough, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment