❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pajamas

I never used to understand people that went everywhere and anywhere in pajamas.

Going grocery shopping? Put some real clothes on, you heathens!



Yeah well, now I'm one of those guilty heathens. I've grown quite fond of my pajamas. I don't go out anywhere of much significance anymore since my disability, lack of employment, and subsequently, money. So what is there to put uncomfortable clothes on for? And I know, I know. People say wearing 'real' clothes just makes you feel better, and sometimes that's true. The estrogen in me loves to play dress up every once in awhile when I'm feeling up to it. When I'm feeling up to it. Which isn't all that often. In general though 'real' clothes are just plain uncomfortable, which does not make me feel better.

With my nerves misfiring sometimes things just being on my skin hurts. 

Pajamas are pretty freaking comfortable. Somehow pajamas generally manage to make you look half decent in unflattering silky material. They also actually make it acceptable and adorable to wear tiny cute animals on your clothing. Did I mention they're comfortable?



As I mentioned earlier I had my wedding dress fitting this morning. I forgot to set my alarm to wake up for it, but managed to magically wake up about twenty minutes before I needed to leave. I was still pretty much half asleep at that point, but I managed to get my meds taken and do a few things around the house before I left.

My Mom, Aunt, and Grandmother went with to the fitting today as they have to all the previous ones. They immediately voiced their unified horror in the fact that I was still wearing pajamas. I simply shrugged, "They're comfortable, and I'm changing as soon as I get there anyways." Which is exactly what happened. Then when all was done, I changed back into my pajamas, went home and crawled back into bed with my love. Yay pajamas.

I've learned to be less judgey of the attire people are wearing. If it makes them happy or comfortable, good for them.

I've also learned to be less self conscious about what I'm wearing. If it makes me happy and/or comfortable, good for me.


Lucky for me my fiance generally feels the same way. I'm pretty sure he thinks I rock the world regardless of what I'm wearing (or not wearing). I'm pretty fond of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment