❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Hen Into the Wild

Turns out no one can outrun pain. Life is tragic. But it's also precious, and sweet, and extraordinary.  
-The Flash
Today was an off day for me. It started out great.
Went to the dress shop with my Mom, Gran, Auntie Sharon, and Maggie for the zillionth fitting of my wedding dress. It's really looking nice. They didn't get a ton done since my last fitting, but the dress that was ahead of mine is done, so now it's all me until completion. Normally the fittings aren't so frequent and numerous, but I'm making a wedding dress out of a plain bridesmaids gown with the assistance of fabric, embellishments, artistic vision, and skill. It's saving us a ton of monies. It was Maggie's first time seeing my dress. She said I'm going to be the prettiest bride ever. While that's a bit of a stretch, I'll take a compliment when I can get one.


From there my Mom, Aunt, and I went to BJ's to look for some stuff for the wedding reception. I found some adorable plates and napkins in a silver and purple theme. I also found some very affordable plastic cutlery that's really well made/durable. We checked out some snack options that we'll be picking up next week, and did a bit of wandering around. Next time Chris and I get a discount membership offer for BJ's I believe we may sign up. 

I mean, c'mon, they're practically begging for it.


It's very nice in there, they have an excellent produce selection, a very wide variety of items available and decent prices. Some stuff isn't really cheaper and occasionally more expensive than non-wholesale retailers, but in general it's good deals. For a family of two though, you have to be cautious of what you buy in bulk based partly on space restrictions and partly that two people can only eat so much before it expires. When it comes to paper goods though, produce, electronics, and pet supplies you can't go wrong. They have a nice little cafe inside as well with free Wifi and great food. Their handicap parking is nice as well. They're the only place I've seen that has a shopping cart receptacle right next to their handicap parking. I've always been annoyed by that. It makes no sense to put all the cart receptacles obnoxiously far from the handicap parking. If I could go that far comfortably to put the cart back I don't think I'd need the parking spot.

After BJ's we went to Wendy's for lunch. We all got the 4 for $4 meal which is an incredibly good deal, especially considering that nowhere really has an actual dollar menu anymore. I got a strawberry Sprite which was really good.




Chris got a salaried Assistant Manager position at Wendy's which is awesome. The not so awesome part is he can't start until Nov 23rd. It's really throwing a wrench into our finances, and we had to cancel part of our honeymoon in result. I was in a bit of a pissed off funk and wound up missing my dermatology appointment which blows. I'm hoping they're not too sore about it and let me reschedule because my ankle is SO itchy.

We've been watching The Flash on Netflix and so far it's really good. All of the Marvel series we've watched so far have been really good though actually. This series is unique so far because of its crossover episodes with the Arrow series which are really neat. There's a bunch of Marvel series on Netflix that we haven't even started watching yet.

We watched a movie yesterday called Daisy: A Hen into the Wild. It was a cartoon movie and I was half expecting it to be corny. Partly because I had never even heard of it. Partly because Netflix had it listed as Leafie: A Hen into the Wild, but when the movie started it was pretty clear the hen's name was Daisy. Strange indeed. The movie's funny though. Cute and engaging for a young viewer, and deeply meaningful for the more mature in the audience. I highly recommend it.


Anywho I'm exhausted from today so it's time to cut this short and crawl into my blankie fort.


No comments:

Post a Comment