❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Friday, October 30, 2015

Wedding Hair


Wow, today has been insanely busy. There's so much more that I would have liked to get accomplished, but just not enough time or spoons in a day.

Woke up about a half hour before the alarm would have went off and did some things around the house. Tinkered around with the blog a bit and discovered all types of cool features I didn't realize existed. You'll be seeing the layout and features here gradually changing, and a great deal of things under construction until after the wedding when I have more time to really dedicate to making everything look fabulous. I'm really excited about it. It lets me share more with all of you even more effectively while simultaneously making this endeavor even more enjoyable and profitable for me. Win/win!

The day started out with my bagillionth wedding dress fitting. My dress is getting really pretty, but they weren't nearly as far with it as I expected them to be by now. They don't have much to get done yet though, so I expect to get it shortly after my final fitting next week. It's pretty. I just hope Chris is wowed by it. Every girl wants that 'Oh my gosh' reaction from their husband when they walk down the aisle. I mean, I can't exactly certify that fact, but I'm running with it.

My poor Mom, they altered her dress and put the shoulder straps together wrong totally flipping the angle of the dress and making it look terrible. I don't know how they did it. Luckily they still had the same dress in another size that I think fits her perfectly fine.

Due to cold weather by our wedding day everyone's breaking out shrugs for their dresses, but they're busting them out in the wrong colors. Mostly white ones are appearing. I haven't been bridezillay about much, but I don't want my wedding party looking like a purple and white mismatched Easter basket. Go shopping for gray peoples! Gosh! Hahah.




Stopped home so I could take my morning meds, and then ran out to BJs with my Mom and Auntie Sharon. We had a pretty fun shopping trip. At first we just wandered around while I looked at a bit of everything and anything. I found so many fluffy blankets on sale. I have a weakness for fluffy blankets. I also found lots of nice Ziploc-esque dishes, cooking utensils, Christmasy stuff, and a ton of other crap I didn't realize I needed until today. And by needed I mean want, but actually need if you're my Mom and reading this.

Then we got serious with our shopping and got dinnerware for the rehearsal dinner and tons of food for both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception. We still need to make another trip to BJs next week for rolls, dessert for the rehearsal dinner, and who knows what else we're missing. Like my future garlic press that I really need.



They had some pretty nice pumpkins for only $1.99, and Chris and I have not carved one yet this year. After climbing halfway into a rather large cardboard box display to grab one and a rather convincing pouty face my Mom got one for us. You can look forward to a future blog about us carving it, probably tomorrow. Can't forget about the seed roasting either! Mmm. Just in time too, as we're out of chick peas. If you missed my blog about roasting them you can find it here.

After BJs we once again went to Wendy's for lunch. This time I tried grape Sprite, which is almost as good as strawberry Sprite. I need one of those machines at home. In all fairness though, we pretty much stopped drinking soda at home. Partly because soda has become so freaking expensive, and partly because it's just plain bad for you to have as a regular fluid and not an occasional treat. I know a great deal of people drink diet soda to avoid the calories but still enjoy soda more regularly, but in my opinion diet drinks/fake sugar is so bad for you. I avoid it at all times. We all grabbed the 4/$4 deal again. I wish I would have thought of getting a frosty though, because I'm really craving one as I type this right now.



I could eat some cereal too, but we are currently out of milk, and neither of us really want milk bad enough to go get some at 1am. The milk and my cereal craving shall have to wait until later.

Stopped at the Dollar General to grab Chris a Monster Mocha Java on the way home, and then he helped unload my Mom's car. When I got in I discovered I had nine million voicemails (maybe a bit of an exaggeration), and the proofs of our engagement shoot were ready. It felt like a total bombardment between exciting things and responsibility. Especially considering there wasn't much time before I had to turn around and leave to meet my Mom near her house for my hair and makeup trial run appointment.

Messages were from my health insurance company during their process today of denying, appealing, and finally approving one of my medications. Subsequently there were more messages from the specialty pharmacy wanting to schedule delivery of the medication. I get to add them to my ever growing list of things I need to get done tomorrow. Should be easy enough at least. Should be.

My Mom and Aunt hung around to see the gallery of our engagement photos. There's fifty shots, and we can choose ten to keep included in the price of our shoot, but they're all gorgeous! We could only narrow it down to twenty. We can buy the rights to additional images, so we're trying to figure out finances now because they're too gorgeous to not have. You'll eventually be seeing some of them pop up in different areas of the layout of my blog.

My Mom left for home, I did some things around the house, and before I knew it, it was time to leave to meet her. We scrambled to get our stuff together, grab some gasoline, and get on our way. Construction on route 61 going up north to Schuylkill County is terrible, and makes the drive seem that much longer.

We met my Mom and John and followed them to the salon we're getting our hair done at for the wedding. The stylist wanted to do a trial run with my hair and makeup so she knew how she wants to do it for sure on the big day. We talked about how much my hair's falling out from chemotherapy and other medicines I'm on. She was sure to be careful with it today, and did a conditioning treatment. I regretted the hair dryer part of that though about thirty seconds in. Heat and I do not get along. I'm going back next week for a facial and a trim. My skin's also dry from meds, and it's been a long time since I got a haircut. A trim will even up the ends and make my style look nicer. We tried a few different things with my hair until I decided on a style I really liked. It's a French braid that flows into a side ponytail.


This was a really rough mock up of the style. On my actual wedding day my hair will be flat ironed properly and all smoothed out and what not.

We didn't get any pictures of my makeup while we were at the salon, but I took a few when we got home. I'm super duper tired though if you can't tell by my pictures.


After hair and makeup was done my Mom and John took us out to Pizza Hut for dinner. I got everyone to try their waffle fries for the first time. It amazes me how many people have never had Pizza Hut's waffle fries. They're only $2, and they're super good. They had some interesting game on the table that I've already forgotten the name of that was pretty fun while we waited for our food. We all had a good time chatting over dinner.

My grandmother was thankfully super helpful while we were gone and fed the critters for us and did the mountain of dishes I had waiting for me. Took a ton of work off of my platter for when I got home. She did call us in a momentary panic though while we were at the salon because she couldn't find the cat. She managed to briefly close him into a closet. He's a big fan of closets and cabinets for some reason and slips into them like a ninja. We had to go over all of his favorite chillin' places with her until she finally found him.

Chris and I headed home which unfortunately is about an hour long trip. It went by pretty quick though. Chris often says that a road trip together is a true test of compatibility.

He played a game of Madden football on the Xbox One while I worked on writing this, and we watched an episode of 'Worst Cooks in America'.

Tomorrow isn't going to be nearly as hectic, but I have a ton to get done. Lots of phone calls to return and make. Finalizing the seating chart for the wedding reception. We'll probably be working on carving that pumpkin I got this morning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment