❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Friday, October 23, 2015

Imaginary Arguments

Today was my neurology appointment. Somehow we overslept and were almost late. Luckily my grandmother called and woke us up at about twenty of ten. My appointment was for ten. I never got dressed so quick. I'm not sure if I turned off the alarm and just don't remember it, or if the batteries are dying on the clock and it never actually beeped.



We got there on time though. My neurologist was running late though as usual. Where his office is positioned it's a decent walk and my ankle was killing me the entire time. Later when I came home I discovered I forgot to take my meds last night before bed. That'll do it. I've been really bad with that lately, especially my blood thinner injections. I need to do better. Chris used to be really good about reminding me which was helpful. I need to set an alarm on my tablet for it or something.




My neurologist was being kind of a dick today. He's always very blunt, and it's usually a quality I appreciate about him. He's an acquired taste, and gets a lot of reviews online about being a dick. Today though he made some snide remark that he was surprised I wasn't showing up to my appointments alone by now. Then went on a long tirade about all of my diseases and his surprise that I'm in a relationship let alone getting married despite them. While I'm well aware my diseases don't exactly make me the most desirable person, I wasn't in the mood today to have it rubbed in my face. Oh well. He wanted me to consider upping my Cymbalta by another 30mgs, but it would put me up to a dose unapproved by the FDA and I don't really see the necessity in it. Yes it's worked really well and has helped me a lot with nerve pain, but it's working at the dose I'm at. I wasn't interested. He also wants me to see a psychiatrist specializing in MS because I was talking to him about my recent temper issues. That one I'm actively considering, but I don't know if I want to be on medication to mess with my mood even more than the MS already does. We'll see.

He doesn't want to see me back until February. I'm debating cancelling my neurology appointment with Jefferson. The rheumatologist at Jefferson has me ridiculously busy enough with crap, and I'm not sure what another neurologist could really do for me at this point. I was more interested when I wasn't on treatment for my MS. I'm back on Tysabri now which is one of the better meds out there for MS and I'm not flaring. I feel almost like keeping that option in my back pocket still for when I really need it. As much as I'd like to get into HSCT or MSCT I don't see it being possible until the rheumatologist gets things on her end figured out anyways.

Decisions, decisions.

We came back home, Chris was up almost all night, and I was up almost just as long so we went back to bed. He could tell I was upset though I'm guessing because rather than going to sleep he started being goofy.

We got into a way too detailed conversation about what if people had antenna's (antenni?) that somehow resulted from a conversation about spider poop and whether or not bugs had bones. (They don't, I proved him wrong.) A flick war ensued, followed by a tickle war and pillow fight that the dog and cat both joined in on. I got exhausted, surrendered, and fell asleep.

Apparently this guy exists, that has a real permanent antenna attached to his head. I haven't read about him in detail yet, but wow. It would be way cooler if it was two antenna like a bug though... Way way cooler.

I'm up now a few hours later, he's still snoozing away as are the critters. I have some chores to do around the house and I need to figure out what we're eating for dinner tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to make a beef roast in the crock pot, but that doesn't help me for today.

Last night I made chicken drumsticks with Shake and Bake BBQ glaze, they got surprisingly good. Shake and Bake generally doesn't impress me. If you like BBQ I'd definitely suggest it though.


I made it with buttered orzo and Schwan's cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot blend on the side. It was Chris's first time having orzo and he liked it. I'm glad because I really like it, and I generally don't cook for just me. Schwan's always carries really good food. I just got their holiday catalog in my email today. I'm sad we're low on funds because there's a few things I wouldn't mind getting. We have plenty of food ferreted away though.

I got a $5 off of any purchase coupon in my email too for Pet Supplies Plus. That'll come in handy as the cat will soon need litter. I love coupons. I wish I could figure out that extreme couponing. None of the stores we shop at offer double or triple coupons though. It seems a lot of couponing policies are getting stricter because of extreme couponers. I mean hell, it's not like I don't have the time to do it. I always do really well couponing at CVS. I combine their extrabucks, CVS coupons, and manufacturer coupons. We barely pay anything for our bathroom supplies. I think it's cool the people that coupon and then use the items they get for free to make care packages for people.


Speaking of things I can do with my free time to save/make money. This blog actually makes me some cash! Google Adsense pays me to run ads on my blog, so the more views I get the more I make. I make an extreme amount more if any of my readers click on ads while they're here. *cough*

It's pretty cool, and an extra perk of blogging. In reality though I'd keep doing it either way. It's been really helping me cognitively and with my memory.

My ankle is so freaking itchy not that I have anyone to blame but myself right now. I really shouldn't have missed that appointment, and I need to get it rescheduled.


I've been scratching it until it bleeds which is good times on blood thinners. I wonder what they even do for psoriasis?

Despite Daisy and Tux's attempts at bathing me in bed today I really need to go get a shower and get on with my day.


Tux will even try to bathe Daisy at times. Daisy I'm pretty sure just licks Tux to annoy him because he generally swats her in result.

Anywho, time to go ponder all of the things I should have said to my neurologist today, I mean get a shower, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment