❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Semi-Homemade Apple Galette

Man am I on a roll of doing stuff today. Unfortunately, I'm not getting anything done that I need to do, but there's time. We got a ton of Fuji apples at the farmers market and I've been craving something sweet and fall themed. So, I decided to tackle this Apple Galette.

We had to run to the store again today because I was missing ingredients. I needed lemon juice, heavy whipping cream, and raw sugar. I've never baked with raw sugar so I was a bit intrigued about that.

It honestly wasn't very hard at all, and clean-up was minimal. Chris peeled four small Fuji apples for me. I used an apple corer/slicer to cut them, and then cut the slices in half again. I put three and a half small apples into a mixing bowl and added 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and mixed it up.

I put a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray and unrolled a piece of Pillsbury pre-made pie crust.



I preheated the oven to 375 degrees and dumped my spiced apples into a pile on the middle of the pie crust.


I then folded the crust around the apples like so:


I then brushed the dough with heavy whipping cream and sprinkled it with raw sugar.


It's so pretty!


I sprinkled the top of the apples with some tiny hunks of margarine (you can use butter too). About 1.5 tablespoons worth. I baked it for 40 minutes.

It came out gorgeous and delicious. It was really easy. I definitely suggest giving it a try! If you do let me know in the comments what you think!






No comments:

Post a Comment