❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Money to Burn

Today is a serious lazy day for me. It was one of the rare days that Chris got out of bed before I did. It took much coaxing for him to get me out of bed.


I was not interested in doing the adulting today. I got up though eventually after some prodding from Chris.

Shortly after I got out of bed Chris' Mom stopped by for a visit and to drop off my bridal shower gift. She hurt her shoulder at work and couldn't make the shower. She got me a really pretty sterling silver decorative plate and a gift card for Cracker Barrel that Chris will probably commandeer for pancakes. (Pancakes actually sound pretty good right now, with chocolate and peanut butter chips. Mmm... Ihop.)

Off topic: I rarely partake in peanut butter or peanuts anymore after learning that peanuts aren't the greatest for inflammation and joints. I try not to add insult to injury when I can.

On an amusing note, the card she got me is adorable, and it's also the third time I've received this same card. We had a good laugh over it.

Chris and I gave her the gifts we got for her for helping with the wedding and we all hung out and chatted for a bit. Chris got to show off his learned skill of giving me injections. I think he was a bit proud. Tux is quite a fan of Maggie. (Maggie being Chris' Mom for those of you in the audience that don't know)

My garters for the wedding came in the mail today and they're really pretty. I'm glad they came already. Shipping/turnaround time listed on the website I ordered them from was vexingly long, and I was a bit concerned I would not get it in time, but voila!

We ran out to CVS to pick up my prescriptions so that I can fill my ridiculous pill case for the week. I was out of a few.

In the car on the way to CVS I discovered I had been wearing my shirt backwards all day. Luckily all day hadn't been very long yet at that point, and the only people who could have noticed were Chris and his Mom.

 Our local CVS is remodeling. They switched sides for pickup/drop off at the pharmacy counter. Being the creature of habit I am it throws me off every single time I go in there now. CVS is one of my favorite stores to shop in. I always do well there savings wise. They have a bit of everything and frequently freshen up their inventory with new items. So, we generally mosey around and look at what's new while we're waiting on my scripts. Today they had a GIANT stuffed Minnie and Mickey mouse, for $69.99 each. Crazy. I can't picture ever spending that much money on a stuffed animal, even if I had money to burn.

I can't really picture anyone that goes into CVS having $70 to burn on a stuffed Minnie Mouse. But hey, what do I know? Clearly their marketing department is onto something I'm missing.


We then went to Wendys to get foods because I was starving after last nights cooking fail, didn't much feel like cooking yet again, and my Aunt gave us a gift card for there at my bridal shower.

Chris took a detour to Hamburg Redners on the way to Wendys to get his Java Monster he's very much addicted to. Hamburg Redners just got added onto the list of local places that are sold out of them. Probably solely because of him. Oddly enough, their Coca Cola Machine was standing open, completely empty, with not a vendor in site. I was going to take a picture for your viewing pleasure, but we went out without any electronics. So you'll have to take my word for it. It was strange.

So now we're home gorging on chicken nuggets whilst being guilt tripped by Daisy. I believe she's guilted us out of three so far. It's a nice brisk fall day here so I believe I may attempt roasting the chestnuts that we got at the farmers market later.

No comments:

Post a Comment