❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Monday, October 26, 2015

Random Acts of Kindness

Once the stiffness wore off I actually got a lot done today. Anyone with RA will tell you that if you stay in one place for too long (like bed) it takes awhile to grease up the joints.

Got all the little trash cans collected, cleaned up Tux's mess (masterpiece), collected the laundry, made two gallons of juice, and straightened the house. Chris took the scrap out and burned it for me, and is going to take out the garbage and recycling.

We watched The Flash for awhile. We really enjoy this show. I suggest it. It makes sense whether or not you watch other Marvel shows, but if you do there's some pieces that'll excite you more. I'm thinking we're going to likely finish the first season today.

The Giants beat the Cowboys yesterday which was fun. Chris is a Cowboys fan; I'm a Giants fan. So, it's always fun here when they play against each other.

I planned our dinner for tonight: Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce, Rice Pilaf, and a vegetable yet to be determined. Got a pound of salmon out of the freezer to thaw. I'll let you know if it's a rave or a bust.

Chris and I went to the store for my missing ingredient, dill weed. Also to grab a bag of chips and some rice pilaf for a side.



We just so happened to run into my lovely friend Emily and her daughter at the store. It was Chris' first time meeting her. I have yet to meet Emily's youngest, which I'm sad about. They will be at our wedding which I'm excited about, but sadly sans the youngest. I'll meet him eventually.

Running into friends when I'm out and about is always an added bonus since I don't feel well enough/have enough funds to hang out with them often.

We found the dill first, and to my dismay it was expensive. Depending on the spice (and my finances) I usually just get the cheap generic brands. There was no dill weed available in a cheaper brand. There was only two brand name kinds available. One was almost eight dollars, the other was thankfully on sale for five. I went with the McCormick brand that was on sale.

We grabbed a box of rice pilaf. I went with the Zataran's brand. I've had other flavors of rice made by them that were never a disappointment. I've never tried their rice pilaf though.

Grabbed a bag of chips and headed for the checkout. Our total was $9.82. As we went to pay to our dismay we discovered we only had $8, not the $10 we believed to have had. Chris ran out to the car because we had some change and a $2 winning lottery ticket out there. Some guy that I knew happened to be in the store though and gave me two dollars to make up the difference we owed. It was super nice of him. I know him from somewhere, I'm just not sure where. Sheetz customer, highschool? My memory is one of my major problems with my MS. Somethings I forget all together, other times I can just remember bits and pieces. I recognized his face right away, but I just couldn't piece it together. Regardless, it was really nice of him.

Working at Sheetz gave me a great deal of opportunities to perform random acts of kindness. For awhile I had a AAA membership and when people would be broken down or in need of a tow I'd use it for them. It was free, just cost me a bit of time on the phone. One lady came back one time and gave me a glass perfume bottle from her antique shop as a thank you. That was pretty cool.

Random acts of kindness go a long way. Sometimes it's nice to have a reminder that not all people are selfish and bad. Do something nice for a stranger. You'll make their day, and feel pretty good about yourself too.

So now I just have to wait for my salmon to thaw which seems like it may take the next century and then I can make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment