❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Monday, October 26, 2015

Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce

Tonight for dinner I'm making us salmon with lemon dill sauce. So far it's been an awesome dish to make.

To make it, take a medium baking pan whether it be throw away aluminum or glass and lightly butter it. Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine (half a stick) in the microwave. I've found 30 seconds does a good job of it.

Mix 5 tablespoons of lemon juice, a tablespoon of dill weed, 1 and a half minced garlic cloves, a dash of onion powder, and however much sea salt and pepper make your little heart happy into the butter.

Put a pound of salmon (generally four store bought filets) into the baking dish and pour the mixture over it. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes in an oven that's been preheated to 350 degrees. The salmon should flake easily with a fork when it's finished.




If you make Zataran's rice pilaf with it, which I recommend, it also takes twenty five minutes.

Having MS I'm a bit absent minded. I tend to miss ingredients in recipes if I don't triple check, and timing meals makes me crazy. Making things that I can time together and pair well together is a total jackpot.

I started water to boil and when there's about ten minutes left on the timer I'm going to toss a veggie in the boiling water.


It makes pretty much food. We had leftovers.

I used the extra lemon dill sauce in the salmon pan on our veggies. It was really good. The entire meal was super flavorful. It's easily in the top ten meals I've made and it wasn't hard at all.


Chris really liked it and he's not even big on salmon.

Another upside to this meal, if you have chronic illnesses involving inflammation salmon is a great anti-inflammatory food. My unhappy joints were part of my inspiration for picking salmon to cook tonight.

Let me know how you like it in the comments if you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment