❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Piggy Tails

I am struggling hard to find energy today. There's so much I want to do. So many projects I could be taking on right now, and all I want to do is cuddle up in my blankies and take a damn nap. I don't even need Netflix or anything. Hell, writing this blog right now is taking up too much energy even. I tried coffee too.

Chris got home from work around two last night, and we stayed up until about five. I was up and down most of the morning from 7am on. At 11 I surrendered and stayed up. You'd think for as tired as I am I could get some damn sleep, but that's the kicker. If I give in and go take a nap I really won't sleep tonight, but probably even without a nap when it comes time for sleep I won't be able to. Stupid brain. At least it's not as bad as what it was pre-Tysabri. I would be sleep deprived to near the point of insanity. Hallucination inducing sleep deprived. It's not fun.

I got a nice long shower last night before Chris got home and played with my hair a bit. I decided to start doing pig-tails again! I used to do them a lot in my teens because they were great for having my hair up with Wendy's visors at work. Now, they're great for getting all the stupid little amazing pieces of hair that are growing back in into the pony tail. Plus it looks pretty cute without having to straighten my hair which is hard on my hair and my joints. There's lots of variations to pig-tails too that can be explored; height, length vs bun, braids, ribbons, etc. When you feel like crap all of the time it's easy to put appearance on the back burner, but it's amazing what feeling good about your appearance can do for your health and energy. I try to find ways to maintain my appearance that don't use up a ton of spoons, but still provide that extra confidence boost to my day. Just because I feel like crap doesn't mean I need to look like crap.

Decided to try making some dried banana slices this morning. It was a first for me, but luckily if it bombed bananas aren't too expensive.

Everyone I know opens bananas from what's considered the 'top' where the stem would connect to the tree, it's so much easier to peel them from the bottom. Just pinch the tip to break it and peel, voila! Every time I try to peel it from the stem I struggle.



It didn't take long at all to slice them up and put them onto a cookie sheet. I found about three bananas fits on one cookie sheet. I used non-stick foil, but I think next time I'll try it with parchment paper to see if it gets different. The foil seemed to make the one side burn a bit.


I did one small batch with cinnamon on to see how it would get, and in hindsight I wish I had did them all that way. They taste better with the cinnamon in my opinion, and cinnamon comes with it's own health benefits as well. You just pop them in the oven at 200 degrees for three hours, and voila! It wasn't hard at all. I want to tinker around with it a bit as they did seem to burn a bit on one side and the flavor could be embellished slightly. Thinking about trying a batch with brown sugar and cinnamon to see how that gets. It's a good healthy snack, not very expensive to make, and pretty easy to do. Plus running the oven this time of year helps heat the house, so it's a win-win.

Chris' delivery from the Dollar Shave Club came in the mail today. Since it was just the razors this time they sent it in a cardboard type envelope. I have a stock-pile of razors for myself that I couponed for, but once I run out I want to get an extra handle and steal some of Chris' blades for me. They're really nice blades, and so cheap. I can't brag about our find with it enough.

I don't have to worry about couponing for razors anymore for him. (Razors in the store are so expensive) Plus these are really good razors. Chris' facial hair grows so fast and dark, so he has to shave a lot for work. 

This was our second delivery so I was intrigued to see what they'd send. Some people mention getting samples occasionally in their packets and all types of stuff. This time we got a copy of their Bathroom Minutes. It's a cool little book with all types of interesting stuff to read in it. Some brain teasers, member highlights, random facts, etc. Pretty decent bathroom reading material if I do say so myself. We'll be saving them to keep on our bookshelf.

My one friend, Hawk, just signed up a few days ago. I'm excited for her to get her first delivery! Plus, I get a $5 credit on my account for the referral so now our next month's delivery is almost free. 
I'm sure she'll be bragging to her friends and doing the same. We shall start a razor revolution! If you're interested in giving them a try, you should check them out here. There's no charge for shipping, and no fee for cancellation. Although you'd have to be crazy to cancel. 

We also get their One Wipe Charlies which are pretty awesome. They're like flushable baby wipes, for grown ups that care about their skin, and arse. I'm trying to talk Chris into trying their hair gel, I think he'd look handsome with spikey hair.


I've been working on setting up some of the apps I've been downloading for productivity and what not. I really like the Wunderlist app I got. I'm getting all sorts of lists set up that I can integrate into my calendars and sync to Chris' devices.

I took a screenshot of my progress and spray painted out some phone numbers so you guys can see what it looks like. It's really handy. I can make a default list of all the basics I shop for and check/un-check items as they run out or are bought. It makes my store list so much faster. Plus being able to sync it between devices and users is awesome. Chris can always see an up to date list of what we need while he's out.

Not sure what, if any, more projects I want to take on today. Laundry needs to get put away, I need to find something to eat. There's much I'd like to do, but I still haven't really garnered up any motivation to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment