❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Cycle of Shitty Self-Care

Yesterday I had my Tysabri infusion. I'm down to 10mgs of Prednisone a day, my lowest tolerance. And it's methotrexate day.

To say I feel like garbage is an understatement.

I've found that the days you need proper self-care the most, are the days that it's the hardest to do.

Last night I wouldn't even get myself a drink out of the fridge because the juice was behind a whole bunch of crap, and I just couldn't be bothered to move it all.

Feeling like crap literally sucks all of your motivation like a vampire.

While doing things that wind up making you feel even crappier isn't very smart, it just happens. I forgot to take my night time meds last night, in which was half of my steroid dose for the day. I woke up this morning feeling absolutely terrible. I took my morning dose and it took about two hours until I could stand myself again.

Forgetting to take a med I'm already sick from tapering is not good, but when you're not feeling well these are the things that happen.

Nutrition goes to hell because you don't have the energy or pain tolerance to cook a decent from scratch meal.

Dehydration happens because you don't feel well enough to even go get yourself a drink.

Med doses get skipped because you fall asleep early and forget.

Muscles get even stiffer and sorer because it hurts too much to move.

It's an ugly ugly cycle. One you have to do the best you can to control. I've learned to ask for help. Chris is in the kitchen right now cooking dinner, which he rarely does. You have to learn to leave other things go. Some things really just don't need to get done right now.

What do you do to help maintain self-care when you're not feeling well?

No comments:

Post a Comment