❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Sunday, May 22, 2016

May Flowers My Ass!

According to a local newspaper it's rained 16 of the past 22 days in our area. I like the rain, but c'mon! It makes gardening tricky, shopping annoying, and yard sales damn near impossible.

And I need to have some damn yard sales. Shit, I'm still finding more stuff to sell as I keep organizing.

Chris and I went out around 1:30 to do errands today and didn't get home until around 5. The sad part is that we're home because we're broke, not because I got everything done. This has been a running trend the past few weeks fueled by spending 100$ on dry food alone for the animals. It lasts forever, but it's a bitch when we have to get it. You can get a smaller bag for less of an immediate investment, but you wind up paying over 50$ extra long-term. Plus we were totally out of litter, treats, and wet food on top of it. Daisy and Tux soon need their yearly exam and boosters too. Having pets and properly caring for them is not cheap. And yes, sometimes we go without so they can have what they need. This has been one of those times. We'll be caught up eventually. My list has grown shorter at least.

I did manage to get some supplies to work on a really cool organizing project for my make-up and beauty supplies. I'm making a magnet board! Painting some aluminum dark purple to contrast our bedroom wall, and then using magnets and what not I'm going to hang my make-up. If it's half as cool as I think it's going to be I'll be happy. And it'll open up another drawer for organizing clothes. I feel like I'm never going to be finished organizing this house.

Also, we got a hummingbird feeder! I've been wanting one for a long time and they had one really nice glass one on super-cheap clearance at the pet store. I couldn't resist. We need to find something to hang it from though. I'd really like to put it in our front yard. My Pop likes to chill on our front porch, and we sit out there too. And Tuxington likes to watch the birds out the screen door. I've seen hummingbirds buzz past out front before. I guess we need to find something like a pole for hanging flower baskets from? We don't have a tree there to hang it from. 

I'm excited about it, I hope we get some visitors! I had debated putting a bird seed feeder out-front some time ago, but I figured everyone would yell at me for the birds pooping on their cars. If I put it out-back we wouldn't get to watch the birds much really, and they'd probably still poop on people's cars. Which is a selfish reason to not feed them, but still. At least I'm honest, hahah. The squirrels and who knows what else from the woods would probably constantly empty it out if we put it in the back field too. Does anything else eat bird seed? I can't think of much else off the top of my head. I know my Mom has a bear at her house that smashes their bird feeder all of the time, but we don't have bears here, I think.

We stopped to get eggs because I had made Chris another batch of red-beet eggs and used them all, but the people weren't home. I got an extra goat petting session out of it at least. It's like they know now. They came running. They're cute. The one stupid rooster wouldn't stop crowing at me though. They have a male and female pair of peacocks now too! I wonder if they earn their keep some how, or if they just have them for fun? I'm pondering what type of fun craft I could do with peacock feathers if I could buy some from them. Can you eat peacock eggs? Maybe they breed them! Peacocks are pretty. I'm ridiculously jealous of them. Goats, chickens, peacocks. I'm sure it's plenty of work to care for them, but it would be totally worth it. I love hatching baby chickens and ducks. DUCKS, they need ducks. My PopPop used to incubate and hatch birds for a friend of his when I was a kid. Such an amazing thing to watch. We're surrounded by tiny miracles.

Stopped at the bank to deposit cash for Netflix and what not. We got some necessities at Redner's and Walmart. I need to go to the dollar store yet when Chris gets some tip money this week. I took some time the other night and organized Chris and my loyalty cards onto a lanyard I rediscovered in a closet. We save a great deal of money by utilizing loyalty rewards and coupons. Most people don't have the time to be bothered with it, but I have the time, and it makes Chris' pay stretch much further. I wish I was as good at couponing as some people are. Like on extreme couponers and crap. Sometimes I do really good; I got some Purina cat treats that the pet store paid us to buy. And sometimes I'll have good coupons for things they have at Dollar Tree that I'll get for free. I'd love to be able to have a stock pile of stuff I got for free to add to my yard sale collection, or even donate some where. I won't pay out any money for things that we don't actually need though, good coupon or not. You're not saving money by getting junk you don't need.

We looked at Wal-Mart for an HDMI splitter, but the only one they had was almost 35$. As much as I want one, I saw some listed online for as cheap as five. I'll look elsewhere. I wouldn't mind paying even around 15$ for a quality item, but more than that for a splitter is crazy considering the average price online.

My disability hearing cannot come soon enough at this point. He got a really nice raise at work and he has been getting more hours, so that's been really helpful at least. He's pretty much the head cook there now. I'm proud of him! He's been working six days a week. The next two weeks he's going to be missing an extra day out of his pay though because of Memorial Day and the way their weeks run. They're closing on Monday for sure, and potentially Saturday too. I wish they'd pay them for holidays. Chris doesn't think they do for any of them though. One downside of not working for a big corporate entity. I'm waiting to find out if my Uncle Keith and Aunt Allison are having a Memorial Day picnic. They usually do, and they're always fun. It'll be nice that Chris can go too.

I need to make some serious doctors appointments. I've been putting it off big-time. Sometimes you just get tired of going to the doctor all the damn time. Plus we can't really afford it. My eczema's been bad on my right leg for a few weeks now. I should have gotten injections in it weeks ago already, and now it's getting really bad. The injections only seem to be lasting three weeks or so. I want to talk to them about getting allergy testing done. I've never had it done, and this rash is getting a bit ridiculous. I need to make an appointment with the infusion center to get some labs drawn and get my port flushed. I missed last month's flush which I'm going to get bitched at about. Hopefully it hasn't clotted, but depending on who you talk to some people say you only need it flushed every 2-3 months. So, meh. I have some really painful lumps in my right arm opposite my elbow. I'm not sure if they're rheumatoid nodules or lipomas, but they need to get checked out and potentially removed. They've become really painful. I have a few on the left side of my abdomen as well. I have to be careful because my cancer risk is increased with all of the immunosuppresants I'm on. I'm just not looking forward to all the muss and fuss to get it handled. My rheumatologist wants me to see a digestive diseases doctor as well because my stomach's still pretty iffy despite being back up on steroids. It's all going to add up to way too many appointments and tests piled on top of each other, and way too much money.

My Aunt Sharon picked up a piece of Cowboys memorabillia for me. Someone she knew had it listed on a yard sale group on Facebook. Chris doesn't have much stuff that's him standing around in the apartment. Most things are me, or us. The Cowboys are allllll him though. I convinced him to take it out of the box and display it on our entertainment center. He likes to keep things as collectible, but I think it's nicer to make use of something than have it hogging space in a closet. We compromised and I kept the box. I've warmed up to the Cowboys with time, but I think it's just because they make him happy.

I'm going to make buffallo ranch and parmasean peppercorn wings for dinner tonight. Provided I don't fuck it up. I've never tried making wings at home before. It's always been an out-to-eat type thing, but we're trying to do the whole out-to-eat thing as little as possible. It's healthier and cheaper to do it yourself.

My PopPop has had my Mom's dog, Scotty, for company all weekend. He really enjoys having him around. Scotty gives him some much needed company and affection. My grandmother enjoys playing with him too, even though she pretends to hate the 'extra work'. She's a clean freak, and spent decades demanding that animals didn't belong in the house. I've obviously grinded her down over the years.


Yeah, there's totally a dog on her furniture. And how stinking cute is that?

I leave you with the latest from one of my favorite comic strips:


No comments:

Post a Comment