❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mariana Trench

Last night we made use of some of the bass we caught for dinner. I made a long and wild grain rice and sauteed mushrooms, onions, red pepper, and garlic in lemon juice, salt, and pepper. We stuffed the bass with the mixture and baked. It was pretty damn good. 


We ate it with some bruschetta Chris brought home from work.


I'm going to repurpose the leftover rice mixture and add some ground beef, tomatoes, and what not and make stuffed peppers tomorrow night. Tonight's going to be meatloaf and fettucini in clam sauce with an undetermined vegetable. 

Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday already. No clue what we'll be doing for the mother's in our lives yet. Holidays are hard when you're poor. I'd like to do a bit of gardening on Sunday if we're feeling better too. We want to plant a small vegetable garden. Peppers, tomatoes, and the such.

And yeah, we. Chris is sick now too. On the upside, it turns out I don't feel like shit as a result of my chemotherapy failing early. On the downside, we're both fucking sick with god knows what. Fever off and on, chills, muscle aches, joint pain, extreme fatigue, upset belly, etc, etc. It's good times. Chris was supposed to work morning and afternoon today, but his boss sent him home mid-day. I enjoy the cozy time with him because I'm not feeling well at all, but I do not enjoy the dent it will put in our funds. Especially during a week I'll be spending extra money for his birthday.

It is what it is though. Life has a way of fucking up the best laid plans. I'm just hoping we're both feeling better in time to enjoy the plans I made for his birthday.

I had to do my methotrexate injection today too. I'm sure that added insult to injury. I just wish my body could pick a temperature.

If you're looking for anything to kill some time with you should check out this live feed on YouTube: Click me! It allows you to watch a robot on the bottom of the Mariana Trench being operated by scientists and what not. You get to see them collecting samples and discovering new species of life! We watched it for awhile last night because we're giant nerds. We saw some really cool coral and a pretty awesome fish. It should be running until about the end of July 2016 if I understand correctly.

Or, if you're looking to take a glimpse into the human condition you should take a gander at HONY's latest project. I've been following it as usual, and these have been pretty hard to read for various reasons.



And now it's time for me to try to find some energy to make food. We just went grocery shopping and bought a ridiculous amount of cereal and supplies for make dinner tonight. The cereal sounds so much easier right now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment