❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Friday, May 6, 2016

Go the Fuck to Sleep!

Today hasn't been very exciting. Chris woke up feeling better after being sick for less than a day. I'm still fighting it off on day number four. I'm almost back to myself though.

I did my regular chores around the house and a little bit towards my organizing projects. There was plenty I should have gotten done, but I just didn't feel like it. I have a billion messages on the answering machine I need to return. I totally forgot about my port flush appointment and missed that yesterday so I have a concerned message from the infusion nurse.

Ports should be used at least once a month. Which was easy peasy when I was getting monthly infusions. Now I get two infusions every four months, so if I'm not getting labs drawn I have to schedule a port flush to keep the works from getting gummed up. When I first got my port in it was constantly clogging despite constant heavy use. My body was just not a fan and kept trying to 'heal' it. It's been working famously lately though. Sitting around for a few hours waiting for Activase to hopefully work isn't much fun. Nor are the nosebleeds I usually get afterwards.




I love that comic. It's one of my favorite's to follow, along with Sarah's Scribbles.

Chris works all day today. He's working six days a week. I'm really proud of him. Tomorrow he just works in the afternoon (4-11), and then Sunday they're closed. Next week he has Tuesday off extra for his birthday. I can't wait! It's going to be a fun day.

Our meatloaf got really good last night, but we have a ton of leftovers so it'll be meatloaf again tonight. I had cereal for lunch. My Mom's on her way to bring her dog to my grandparent's for the weekend. I might tag along on my grandmother's shopping trip after they eat dinner and Scotty is settled in. I want to grab Chris some extra t-shirts for work. He gets a two hour break mid-day when he works all day and he usually changes into fresh clothes. He randomly destroys a shirt here or there with bleach too. So, I like to have plenty in his drawer so that we don't have to do laundry extra mid-week.

It's been really rainy here lately. Hoping for some nice weather so I can do another few yardsales and unload the rest of my stuff for some cash.

I've been having a really hard time sleeping again lately. Something to do with my brain damage. I've had all types of tests done. The problem comes and goes. I hadn't had trouble with it in awhile. Chris has been playing my favorite bed time story in the middle of the night.



"How come you can do all this other great shit, but you can't go the fuck to sleep?!" I saw a version of this floating around on Facebook with some chick reading it, but she doesn't do a very good job. I much prefer Samuel Jackson.

I've been trying hard not to take any naps during the day to hopefully increase my chances of sleeping at night, but so far it's just adding to my exhaustion. I'm sure my steroids have a bit to do with it. I thought my weight loss would plateau for a bit with being back up to 15mgs a day of Prednisone, but I've lost another five pounds. Not sure if I should be happy or concerned.

I posted a link yesterday to the live feed of a robot that's exploring the Mariana trench. I saw a video today about some awesome new species they've discovered already using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment