❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Corpse Bridezilla

Today has been much more eventful already than I expected it to be. My hair has gotten really thin from chemotherapy and my other medications. What isn't falling out, some of it is breaking. My side pony tail isn't as long as I'd like it to be for the wedding, and this is my princess fairy tale day after all.

So, I decided to do something I never saw myself as being girly/diva enough to do. Get hair extensions. It'll make my hair extra pretty for the wedding, and whenever else I feel like being a princess.


Thankfully, my Mom was agreeable on this one. I thought she was going to be all 'What?'. Instead she met me this morning to look for some.

We started at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Let me just tell you, hair extensions aren't nearly as simple as I thought they would be. There's glue in, clip in, sew your own. Different lengths, colors. Different materials. Deer, meet headlights.

It was pretty obvious I had no clue what I was doing, and the chick at Sally's was pretty hyped to just sell me whatever she could manage to. Lucky for me, there was a hairdresser that stopped in to buy stuff and she was all 'Oh no no no, you'll never be satisfied with that! That's not a good match for your hair at all!' And I was all thanks random lady. She really helped us figure out what we actually needed.

On a side note, there's synthetic hair, and then there's real human hair. Where are they getting all this hair to sell from? Years of hair growth for not years worth of money. I'm convinced it comes from dead people. Which hopefully it does not, because that is creepy. Needless to say, I got synthetic hair.

Corpse bride?
My Mom followed us to our house so I could grab some meds since I didn't expect to be out so long, and then we all piled into her car to go to Chris' favorite store ever, Ulta.


I don't consider myself a girly girl, but man could I drop some cash in Ulta.

I naturally wanted all the things, but we found what we needed along with a pretty clip for my hair.

Now we're home again and I'm plotting out my day.

I just found out another person isn't going to make it to the rehearsal. The list of which is getting far too long.

While part of me wants to rage because this has been planned for how long, it's not worth it. They're missing out. More sammiches for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment