❤ Weight Loss Progress ❤

PopUpAds

Friday, November 6, 2015

Rehearsal Dinner

Today was a super exciting day. We had our wedding rehearsal, which made everything feel really real. We did things a little unconventionally and had our rehearsal the week before the wedding, and boy am I glad we did from the viewpoint of someone who's chronically ill and only has so many spoons in a day. I'm trying my best to enjoy all aspects of our wedding and planning, so I try to plan things according to my energy level. Traditionally the rehearsal and decorating is done the night before the wedding, but I knew both in one night would be too much for me, and it really would have been. Seriously, take my advice and split it up if you can.

It's a decent drive from our house, but I like car rides with Chris. We generally wind up in some type of interesting conversation. Today was about us, and our relationship. I went on about how I partly think we're so successful together because we love each other for who we truly are. We don't try to limit or change one another. Chris announced that he knew we were going to get married before we even started dating, which I think was absolutely sweet/romantic/whatnot.


We met my Mom and went to the church to go over some of our decorating plans for next Friday, and then set up for the dinner.

We ate first to give stragglers time to show up, and so there were no hangry participants in the sanctuary.

Being in a church is mentally exhausting for me. I tend to swear a great deal, it just comes out. I don't even think about it. I think I partly lack a filter because of my MS. So I have to really think about what I'm saying in casual conversation while in a non-sailor-mouth appropriate settings.

We got some giant subs from Wally World, my Auntie Sharon made her mac salad, and then we had chips and what not.

Chris and I sat with the Pastor and talked about our relationship and wedding and stuffs while everyone ate and mingled.





I was pretty busy most of the night, so I didn't get a chance to take too many pictures. My Mom and Hope took a ton though on my Mom's phone. I must get them from her when she has time.


My cousins probably have the most responsibility in the wedding between them.

All of my cousins are blonde except me. Totally just realized that. Random.



 

We went through the whole ceremony. There were a lot more things to think about and decide than I even realized. Who was standing where, in what order, in what direction, etc. I'm not sure if that's Chris' thinking or pooping face.

Hoping I balance well and don't tip/trip at all coming down the aisle. Thankful I'm wearing flats. My Pop Pop's giving me away. I used to have some serious social anxiety so the whole all eyes on me thing is a ton of pressure while doing one of the biggest walks of my life. I noticed today though that once Chris grabs my hands it all melts away. He's my rock.

I think one of my favorite parts of the night was when Amber's daughter Chloe chimed in to also give me away today.

After we got through the main ceremony we left everyone bounce that wasn't in the handfasting ceremony, and continued on with that. The handfasting rehearsal went much smoother than I expected it to. Everyone caught on really quick, and we were surprisingly able to get our hands out of the cords when it was all done.

One thing I am certain of is that our ceremony is going to be beautiful. We put a great deal of thought and sentiment into it.

It was surreal going through the ceremony with the pastor. Chris started to choke up repeating the vows. I started to get emotional a few times too. How did I get so lucky? I can't believe in a week I'm officially going to be his wife.

Tomorrow I'm meeting some of my girlfriends for a painting class with wine and snacks. I'm excited, it's going to be lots of fun. I'll have more pictures and snippets to share from today, as well as pics from tomorrow posted. For now though, I'm going to relax and enjoy the rest of the night with my soon-to-be husband.

Only one week!


No comments:

Post a Comment